Christmas is only 3 short weeks away…...AHHHH! To help ease the panic I’ve compiled a list of my favorite gift ideas. There are ideas for the cook in your life, someone interested in learning more about health and wellness or the person in your life that needs to decompress in the new year. I’ve included links for where you might find these items so sit back and shop in your comfy pants (don’t forget to use sites like Rakuten if you are shopping online to get additional savings) and know that you are buying gifts that will help your loved ones improve their health and happiness in the coming year.
- Instant Pot- This appliance is not small but will decrease your cooking time immensely. Set the Instant Pot and walk away! Find it here.
2. Green Pans- Finding good non-stick pans that also do not give off toxic chemicals is key to healthy cooking. There are several brands out there that are great but I have found that Green Pans are both inexpensive and work very well. Find it here.
3. Onion Chopper- It's not just for ONIONS! This little kitchen gadget is one I can’t live without, It makes dicing vegetables in a really nice uniform fashion quick and easy. Find it here.
4. Vitamix- A high-powered blender is key to making delicious sauces, smoothies and soups. Vitamix, in particular, are very reliable and durable. Spend the extra money, you won’t regret it! Find it here .
5. Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA)- Joining a CSA gives you access to local produce which supports your local growers and gives you a chance to try new fruits and vegetables in season.
6. AeroGarden- These tabletop gardens are an easy way to grow fresh herbs. They area cinch to maintain and make cooking with fresh herbs less expensive and more accessible. Find it here.
7. Subscriptions to Websites- Websites like Browble.com and Forksoverknives.com can educate you on cooking techniques and tips and tricks for transitioning to a Whole-Foods Plant-Based diet.
8. Subscription to a Meal Plan- One of the biggest hurdles to eating well is planning what to eat. With a subscription to meal plan websites like Dirtygirlcleanfood.com or Forksoverknives.com meal planning is easy.
9. Air-fryer/Toaster Oven- Having an appliance that serves several purposes is key to me. The Breville Smart Oven Air is a toaster oven, air-fryer, dehydrator and convection oven. It is a bit large and pricey but I use it daily. The Cuisinart Toaster Oven/air-fryer is a bit smaller, less expensive and performs all the same functions with the exception of dehydrating. Both get great reviews so your choice will depend on your budget and space for the oven. Find it here.
10. Meditation App Subscription- Meditation is an important part of wellness as it helps with stress relief. One app that is quite well done is the Calm app. A year long subscription can be given as a gift. Find it here.