The kids are home from school. Your on vacation. There are BBQs and get togethers with friends. The list is endless, but don't let the excuses derail you from your healthy choices. Here are a few quick suggestions for making this summer one that doesn't derail your progress!
- Join a small group training session. The tuckahoe YMCA starts its next Tabata Bootcamp session on July 27th. Register at tuckahoeymca.org.
- Get a group of friends together and make exercise dates.
- Get your spouse or significant other to make a commitment to eating healthy and exercising together even on vacation.
- Get the kids involved in family friendly races. Several are happening in the Richmond area this summer.
- July 9, 2016- Maymont Glow
- July 16, 2016 James River Splash and Dash
- August 13, 2016- Filipino Festival 5K
- Set yourself fitness or activity goals to keep you on track. Make it a family competition!
Most importantly, get out there and have fun!