Healthy Plate

Never Say No to Veggies!

In a world where everyone seems to be telling us we can’t have this or that, I’m here to tell you that you can have veggies and as many of them as you want!  There is one caveat to that (sorry not all of them are good in large quantities)!  Eating your weight in white […]


Need motivation? Small Group Training is for you!

I know there are days and maybe even weeks that you struggle to make it to the gym.  We have all been there.  For one reason or another we lack the motivation to go to the gym or we feel uninspired by what the gym has to offer.  Small group training is a great way […]

Super Seedy Granola Bars

Granola Bars

Super Seedy Granola Bars   There are so many granola bar options on the market today that it can be a bit overwhelming!  Some are better than others as far as the amount of sugar or the number of ingredients but nothing is better than when you control the ingredients yourself.  You can choose organic/non-gmo […]

Elbow Plank

3 Best Exercises to Get Those “Beach Ready” Abs

          We think we need to employ a complicated routine to get those 6 pack abs we all covet.  This couldn’t be further from the truth.  We have all the tools we need right here at our disposal.  That tool is ourselves.  Planks use body weight to engage our entire core (abdominals […]

Diet vs. Exercise: What’s the right formula for success?

Diet or Exercise: What is the right formula for success? I often have people ask me why they can’t seem to lose weight despite the killer exercise classes they are taking.  My response is that exercise is only 20% of the equation. The other 80% is diet. The next thing they say or grunt is […]


Food of the Month-Kale

When your 13 year old son asks you to make that recipe with kale in it you know you have done something right!  Kale has become the “it” food but I know that I was intimidated by it at first. As I cook with it more and more I find that kale is in fact […]



Hydration As the summer months approach we think that hydration is of greater importance.  What we may not realize is that adequate hydration is important at any time of the year.  Staying properly hydrated does many things for your body. Maintains proper body temperature Lubricates joints Helps transport nutrients Stimulates metabolism Maintains healthy skin and hair […]


Caffeine: To Drink or Not to Drink!

Caffeine: To Drink or Not to Drink!!! It feels like we are constantly hearing about a new study that either berates caffeine or lauds its benefits.  We know that caffeine has negative effects on our body especially if consumed in large quantities like increased acid in the stomach, heartburn and blood pressure.  However, caffeine also […]

Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 8.36.37 PM


Why should I do HIIT Training? HIIT training or High intensity interval training is any exercise that alternates between bursts of high intensity effort and less intense effort or rest.  HIIT training can take many forms and vary widely.  The timing of the work and rest periods can vary as can the type of exercise […]

Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 8.33.16 PM

Spring has Sprung?

Spring Has Sprung??? Spring should have sprung but it seems to be reluctant this year.  Even with the cold temperatures local strawberries are making there way into stores and CSAs (community supported agriculture) and  farmers markets.  Supporting local farms is a great way to get high quality, nutritious food and support the local economy at […]